After years of infertility and IVF, we've finally seen light from the other side. I knew it could happen, but certainly didn't think it would be us ... our new life with twins. Gulp.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

In a Quandry Re: Clinic Ettiquete

Yes, I'm in a pickle. And it's not baby/fertility/IVF related. Well, not directly related, anyway. And I'm wondering if I was wrong. Did I make a poor decision?

I had an appointment at the fertility clinic today. This was a just a talking appointment, as I wanted to get their thoughts about our situation, and about doing a single embryo transfer.

The doctor we used last time was fine. He was efficient, and obviously successful at what he does. Hence my twins. But I found him to be a little cold and all-business, and a little bit difficult to talk with. So, I made this appointment with his partner, a very nice (and a bit more easy-to-talk to) doctor whom I had seen for a few visits when he was on call.

From the beginning of the appointment, he seemed confused why I was there to see him. Then he asked my why I was seeing him, not his partner. I was taken a little off-guard and said that I didn't particularly care who I saw, first available, etc.

We continued with our previous discussion, and he stopped mid-stream and asked again. So I said, frankly, I wanted to just have a discussion about our case, and I found his partner harder to talk to. That I'd seen him on occasion, and thought he would be good to talk with.

After that, I just felt plain awkward.

Now I'm wondering, what do I do? Frankly, I don't care who I see. I didn't realize I was creating a great faux paux, I certainly don't want to cause a hulabulu. Who do I make my next appointment with? Should I feel awkward when I inevitably see the other doctor at an appointment?

Uggggg. What did I do?

32 comments:

Jen said...

It's odd--at the fertility clinic I go to, they seem to be much more one-doctor/one-patient oriented than at, say, my OB's office, where we were handed around to everyone.

I say, next time, just go for first available, or continue on with this guy. Good luck!

裕瑤 said...

只用微笑說話的人,才能擔當重任。 ..................................................

打扮 said...

好棒的地方 我一定要常來~~~^^~........................................

志竹 said...

旁觀自己的悲傷是解脫,主觀自己的悲傷是更加悲傷 ..................................................

家瑩 said...

Better say nothing than nothing to the purpose. ........................................

嘉容嘉容 said...

沒有目標而生活,恰如沒有羅盤而航行......................................................

pinky said...

情色巨乳人妻a圖18禁成人自拍裸體成人聊天室走光色情影片av色情做愛sex成人影片18成人性愛線上a片自慰情趣嘿咻情色網網愛聊天情色影片愛愛色情網站性愛影片性愛圖作愛一夜情做愛自拍口交性交露點裸照成人圖片sexy潮吹台灣情色網a圖a圖

joven said...

hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

嘉琬嘉琬 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。..................................................................

謝佳瑩 said...

感謝不吝分享您的心得.................................................................

玫友 said...

在莫非定律中有項笨蛋定律:「一個組織中的笨蛋,恆大於等於三分之二。」.................................................................                           

銘木 said...

Quality is better than quantity.....................................................................

啟均 said...

成熟,就是有能力適應生活中的模糊。.................................................................

玉苓玉苓 said...

Thanks a lot for sharing (o>▽<)..................................................................

俊成俊成 said...

一個人的快樂,不是因為他擁有的多,而是他計較的少。..................................................

玉苓玉苓 said...

如果你批評他人。你就沒有時間付出愛............................................................

淑蔡承均dgd周真淑ii淑 said...

Many a little makes a mickle.............................................................

潘凱花潘凱花 said...

nice job! waiting for your new artical...................................................................

佳皓佳皓 said...

好文章給我好心情,謝謝分享~~............................................................

魏江伶魏江伶 said...

永遠支持你呀!!HO!!HO!!HO!!HO!!~~............................................................

RicoLisi0802志竹 said...

Knowledge is power................................................

正洪玲正洪玲正洪玲 said...

上班很累,摸個魚輕輕鬆鬆的逛部落..................................................................

凱v胡倫 said...

It is easier to get than to keep it.......................................................................

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/

建邱勳 said...

加油!充實內函最重要!Beauty is but skin- deep.............................................................

張鴻黃淑娟水 said...

Lets cross the bridge when we come to it............................................................

凱v胡倫 said...

你文章很棒的~繼續分享給大家~~~~..................................................

子怡谷怡谷怡谷翔 said...

活是一種鍛鍊靈魂的東西..................................................................

淑芳 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today..................................................................

耿麗旺麗旺麗旺綺 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。..................................................

黃英吳思潔吳思潔邦 said...

我是天山,等待一輪明月。......................................................................

Kristin said...

Hello! I know you don't know me, but we've got something in common. I got your blog address off the Stirrup Queen's blogroll and was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me help a couple who is trying to add a little one to their family. We're holding a silent auction for them this weekend (Friday and Saturday) on goteamwitt.blogspot.com and need help getting the word out! We would love it if you would spread the word via social media or here on your blog. Additionally, we are always looking for more donations to auction off, so if you or someone you know might be interested in making a donation, all the information is under the donate tab. If you have any questions or would be willing to post a pre-written blog post about the auction and the sponsored couple, please contact Kristin at goteamwitt@gmail.com Thanks in advance for taking the time to consider this!